WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY MANUAL
Having in place proper Workplace Health and Safety procedures for your restaurant, cafe or any hospitality business is necessary if you want to ensure that your employees and your customers are in a safe environment.
It is an employers’ responsibility to make sure that the workplace is constantly monitored and all staff are trained in procedures and all equipment is in good working condition at all times.
More than half of hospitality workers are aged less than 25 years and are more likely to be injured at work and hospitalised than any other age group and taking steps to minimise this risk is advantageous to you and your business.
The Workplace Health and Safety manual contains a majority of procedures, training requirements and checklists to meet the requirements of preventing injuries and accidents.
The manual can also be used as a training program for new supervisors and junior managers, or as a refresher for existing staff, so that you have consistency for your business all the time, regardless of staff turnover or different managers working in the venue.
Your managers don’t need to be trained on how to use the Workplace Health and Safety manual as it is a working document.
What is included in the Workplace Health and Safety Manual
Included in the instructions, are what you need to add or do to have a complete manual, so you have everything in one folder, no longer needing to search in many different places to find all the documents you need when you get an unexpected health inspector drop into your business.
When you purchase the manual, it will be emailed to you as a downloadable document.
- Templates can be photocopied, filled out on a daily basis, and stored in a separate folder for management or council inspections. If the last copy has been used, then it is easily reprinted from your digital file.
- You can keep this digital file in your business folders, so that you always have a copy of it.
- The manual can then be printed and put together in a folder. It includes information on best types of folder and how to put it together. I like to use plastic sleeves, as this keeps the pages nice and tidy, and easy removable for copying templates.
- The instructions include how many plastic sleeves you would need to have for the manual, so there is no guesswork required.
- Some of the templates are best to be laminated for easier use, but that is up to you if you want to do this.
- There is a contents page and all the pages are numbered, so it is easy to find any item that you may want to search for.
It is so much easier to have your manager follow a checklist, or go to an instruction procedure, so they know what to do on their shift without asking questions.
As the manager/owner, you can go to the folder and check what has been done/or not done, and allocate tasks to staff so that the busy periods are left to serving customers and making meals, and quiet periods are utilized doing tasks that need to keep the business clean and operating to high standard.
Every business that has employees should have workplace health and safety manual, as this is the systems that help run the business automatically.
Anyone in the business can look at them at any-time, and not ask questions from the bosses as interruptions. All the templates and procedures have been tested in a real business and have been updated and edited over many years with many staff members input to have them be the best working documents that are easy to use.